Thursday, March 01, 2007

 

Flyball Dogs in America

Thought you might be interested in reading something from this fascinating blog... the pictures alone are well worth visiting the blog for... with loads of glorious images from all over America...

Flyball In Regina

I was determined to get to Regina to see the flyball folks and participate in the tournament (and folks that know me well, you know I can be pretty butt-headed about something that I want). I knew I could make it there in 3 days if I really tried hard. I think the worst time was around 4pm every day when having someone to talk to (or maybe a 2nd driver!), would have been soooo nice. But I really did have a good trip and it was icing on the cake to get to spend the night in Edmonton with family.

Several folks asked me if flyball was the same "here" as at home. Yes, flyball is the same. The folks are friendly, the dogs are loving it and there is always someone ready to pitch in and lend a hand if you need it. And boy oh boy did I need it! I arrived with 4 dogs, their treats/tug toys and their harnesses. Any flyballer knows what is missing... a flyball box. Well, I didn't have room for it in the little RV. The folks on Good2Go were awesome. They lent me their box, a boxloader, 3 dog handlers, a pass caller and ball shagger for every one of DGF's six races on Sunday! It was so much fun and Sweep, Jade, Wyn and CurlySue had a great time. That is until CurlySue decided that this fulltime racing wasn't her cup-of-tea. So then we went FEO and still had fun. The biggest thank you has to go to Todd and Margaret, who so graciously invited me and the 4 dogs into their home for the 3 nights that I spent in Regina. My goals had been accomplished. Meet lots of folks in Regina, especially Bill Stovin and Donna Lewis from KAOS who had been super helpful when we were planning our trip and went out of their way to make us feel welcome, and secondly, to earn some points in Regina so it would show up on their doggy stats (heck, if you're going to drive all that way....). So here is a picture of the venue, the Regina folks will have to identify themselves ;-) The tournament was held in a curling rink, how I wish we had those in the southeast, it is just a perfect size for flyball!

Regina was a nice place to visit, I especially enjoyed my walk around Wascana (sp??) park on Monday afternoon with the dogs. The lake and all the hand planted trees (yes, really, just about everyone mentioned that) are beautiful! Thank you all again!

For more from the above travels... check out... http://doggonefast.blogspot.com
 

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]